@katedoan

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

cheap thrills

I hope you know that I am more than just a fashion blog. There is a petite Asian woman behind these entries, who not only dreams about being trapped in Erin Wasson's closet, but enjoys many other things! You know those sublime moments of happiness you get from listening to a particular song or the cozy mood you're in after watching a fantastic film or the thoroughly cleansing feeling after reading a great novel? Those are cheap thrills--William James also called them good moral feelings (side note: WJ thought reading was bad because these good moral feelings stop you from doing good actions in the real world since you're receiving good morality on the cheap through books ... but he's long dead so who cares...). Well I want you to feel what I feel, so please take my word of advice and experience my recommended cheap thrills (because even though I know a long-winded career in a high-profile job will be rewarding, I want to get that shiny feeling NOW + QUICK).

Book

If you love thorough, clear characterization, an exploration of the meaning behind man's moral decision between good and evil, and Christian allusion then you have to read this.

Film




I hardly enjoy action movies because I've been scarred by The Expendables and new James Bond movies to really believe that these movies can be anything more than thinly veiled car advertisements. But I was really astounded by this 2011 British-German action thriller film. If you enjoy young kickass heroines (e.g. Kickass, Leon:The Professional, Persepolis), dark fantasy elements (specifically Grimm Brothers) and Eric Bana (who doesn't????), then hopefully you'll love this too.

Music




Been my current listen this past week. Enjoy!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I hope these cheap thrills energize you to look at the world through happier eyes.

XXOO




No comments:

Post a Comment