@katedoan

Monday, June 10, 2013

govenors ball

I had the great fortune of going to the govenor's ball music festival this past weekend in NYC. I got see some of my top favorite bands, from The XX, Yeasayer, Animal Collective, Beach House, Grizzly Bear, and Kanye West. The music was great, but there were downsides. With the tail end of a hurricane flooding Friday's events and Randalls Island transformed into a mud pit for the next two sweaty days, finding the right outfit was difficult. I was  forced to wear rain boots for the duration of the festival to maneuver the muddy pits of questionable brown slop, but I still attempted fun and summery outfits for the event. 

 Day One: Found these vintage Salvatore Ferragamo loafers at Goodwill. NYC always kills it with its thrift finds. 

Day One Outfit: Rain boots are still clean in this early shot before the festival. I doned the plaid, cropped shirt to match the farm-like manure smell of the island. 

Outfit details: Backpack Fjallraven Kanken//Boots J.Crew//Shorts Brandy Melville//Shirt DIY//Plaid Shirt AA//Sunglasses Ray Ban
 Day Two Outfit: Found myself in this beautiful rooftop garden. With the mixture of hot weather and sweaty dancing, bathing suits are ideal for music festivals. Also, I wore a sheer shawl to protect my back from the sun rays. 

Outfit Details: Bathing suit AA//Shawl Thrifted//Sunglasses Thrifted//Everything else the same as above

I got to see Grizzly Bear -- Life goal complete. 

This past weekend was an incredible experience. I can't wait for more music festivals!

XXOO



No comments:

Post a Comment