@katedoan

Monday, April 14, 2014

styling yourself when the going gets wet

The one thing you need to know about Boston: its spring weather is marked by heavy rainfall with random sprinkling of humid, sunny days that make you forget the deluge only because anything is better than -10 degree weather. I have come to terms with the capricious weather by investing in a proper rain jacket and umbrella. Now waterproof shoes that aren't ugly ... that is an ongoing project. 


Umbrella Walmart//Jacket Buffalo Exchange//Jeans AG//Chelsea Boots Old Navy//Purse UO//Hat H&M//Shirt AA

My style typically incorporates darker tones, mostly because it makes matching easier and I thoroughly enjoy being able to throw on anything with ease. Also, I'm moody and black really captures that je ne sais quoi about myself (ha .. ha). But I LOVE this yellow umbrella, especially the way the duck handle peeks his head out of my purse/backpack. And yellow adds a pop of sunshine on these dreary, wet days.
I found the jacket at a consignment shop and bought it reluctantly because I own too many jackets that I rather not disclose. Fortunately, it has become my most useful jacket. Thank you to whoever discarded this jacket. 
My $12 chelsea boots have not let me down yet in this rainy weather, but I plan on investing in Dr. Martens eventually. Throughout college, I borrowed my friend's Dr Martens and they are the sole reason I survived monsoon/blizzard season in Boston. 

Thanks for reading my ramblings!

XXOO


No comments:

Post a Comment