@katedoan

Monday, May 26, 2014

Boston Calling my name


Boston Calling was a great welcome back to the city with dancing to the musical genius of Warpaint, Death Cab for Cutie, Tegan & Sara, and Modest Mouse. Though Boston Calling isn't your typical summer festival with every girl sporting a lace crochet crop top and Levi denim cut-offs, I am always a fan of dressing a little bit heavier with layering and accessorizing. For both days, I wore my wax-coated denim black jacket. It looks like something between a jean and leather coat. It was perfect for the cooler nights and just light enough to wear under the sun. 

Day 1:  
Head Scarf & Shirt American Apparel//Fanny Pack & Necklace Vintage//Jacket H&M//Jeans AG

I couldn't wait to break out my fanny pack from Spain with its buttery soft leather and red tribal print. I've dreamt of owning one for a while, but it has been a difficult journey finding one that wasn't tacky. Despite the stigma behind the fanny pack, they are great for concerts because you have all your essentials close to your person and its small compact size allows you to squeeze to the front of the crowd. Anyways, I topped my outfit with my new Fatima pendant from Morocco. I was drawn to the tiger eye stone in the middle and apparently the Fatima hand symbol brings luck so I'm happy about the find. 
 Girl Crush: Warpaint
Day 2:


Dress UO//Shoes Old Navy//Jacket H&M//Sunglasses & Bag Vintage

It was a beautiful day so I wore a dress with my heart-shaped sunglasses and called it a day. And it was a great day.

XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment