@katedoan

Monday, September 17, 2012

What to wear to class

I wish I could wear my sequin-encrusted blouses and studded heels to class but I can't. I can't because I don't like the attention (note: attempts at fitting in, crowd mentality) and it's uncomfortable. I prefer a fitted, clean and casual look that has touches of personal taste. Obviously, I don't approve of sweatpants or sweatshirts or sweat-anything. I think being outside and in front of even a person qualifies as an opportunity to look good, and that definitely includes class. This doesn't mean I focus on people's opinion about myself. I believe that dressing well makes me feel better, especially on those days when I feel tired and gross. 

Anyways, here is an overview of what to wear to class:

Backpack/Bags: The most useful and important object to always have on your person. The moment you leave your dorm/apartment/house for class, you might never come back until late into the night. So it's important to have all your stuff on you that you might need for your busy schedule. I prefer backpacks because it's easier to carry a lot of stuff on both shoulders versus a side bag or purse, especially if I have to walk to a lot of places. In terms of color, I would choose a neutral color like grey or beige in order for your bag to match most of your outfits. Also, I prefer the canvas texture because it looks more relaxed and casual. 


Everlane, Zip Backpack Dark Grey $60

Tops: I prefer loose-fitting tops. After that, the options in terms of color, texture and style are endless. 


UO, Kimchi Blue V-inset Crinkle Blouse $59
White blouse: They match everything, enough said. I like this particular top because of the V-neck detail, which provides a touch of personal taste to a plain sheer white top. 

Everlane, The Women's V in Navy Blue. $15
T-shirt: Sometimes I think a T-shirt can be a little too casual, but on the days where you are over-the-top busy and have no time to spare for your outfit, then a fitted V- or crew neck T-shirt is the perfect choice.

Bottoms: Endless, endless options from tights to skirts to pants. I try my best to not wear leggings to class because they give no structure (thus, they are way too revealing) and they more often than not look very lazy. I prefer a fitted pair of jeans or a flowy skirt. 

You can never go wrong with a pair of fitted pants. They look clean and make your legs look great.



I love skirts more than pants. If I could, I would never wear pants again, but winter is cruel. I prefer loose, flowy skirts because of their effeminate quality. Also they emphasize an hour glass shape. In terms of length, I love skirts above the knee because it's great for short girls. I also love longer skirts because I always feel fancy.

Shoes: I could make a blog just about shoes ... but I won't. For class, I stick with tennis sneakers, oxfords and boots because they're comfortable and durable. I would pay the most attention to shoes because they can really intensify your outfit to a whole new level. 


beautiful, cute, fashion, girl, keds
I'm fairly confident that these shoes match everything under the sun. I could be proven wrong though...doubtful.

I love oxfords because they make me feel classy and increase the interest of an outfit. I would stick with a neutral colored oxford like grey or dark brown.

UO, Ecote Leather Chelsea Boot $79
I promise you that waterproof boots will save your life during the tough weather conditions in Boston. Of course there's shoes like Uggs and Hunter rain boots, but they're honestly ugly and distasteful. You should aim to buy a nice leather boot with a pointed toe. The rest is up to you.

This was a brief summary of my options when deciding what to wear to class. I hope it proves useful for those that need some inspiration. 

XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment