@katedoan

Sunday, February 23, 2014

weekly outfit summary

My resolution to take outfit photos has really encouraged me to dress better for work - for that, I am thankful. It pushes me to use all the clothing I am continually buying. If it weren't for this blog, I would be wearing the same jeans and baggy sweater combination that I find myself throwing on at 6AM in cold winter mornings. 

Work outfits. My office does not have a strict dress code which is great. I think these two photos show the range in professionalism I aim to portray through my style i.e. sleek business casual to relaxed urban wear.

Pants 7 for Mankind//Shoes BCBG//Jacket Thrfited//Top Ann Taylor//Necklace F21
Shoes Marshalls//Tights Target//Dress Topshop//Sweater Marshalls

I visited Amherst, MA over the three day weekend. It began with the usual northeast snow storm. I ended up not changing my outfit the entire time I was there because the weather was so cold. Layering is cool, right?
Shoes Marshalls//Jeans Anthropologie//Socks Express//Sweater Ann Taylor//Bag Karmaloop//Jacket Goodwill//Scarf F21

Photo shoot with my friend Cassandra. I am truly fortunate to have friends who can understand my insanity. Not many people will stand outside and take photos for you. I also secretly believe that maybe we're all getting resilient to the weather to the point that standing outside with no jacket isn't so bad....
 I really love the skirt in these photos. It's a cashmere, maxi length skirt with a slit on the side. I discovered it at a thrift store in the middle of the summer. It was love at first sight. I am afraid to wear it in public though. It seems too luxurious for a research laboratory and too man-repelling for a first date.
Top Ann Taylor//Necklace F21//Skirt Buffalo Exchange//Shoes Shoe Mint

I will end the post with an adorable photo of cupcake treats for your cherished animal friends.
Kickass Cupcakes

XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment