Other updates: I chopped off all my hair and donated it to Locks of Love. I wanted to grow my hair out long for summer, but I am addicted to the scissors and the awesome feeling of a fresh cut. Plus, I honestly don't think my type of hair works for long hair styles. Also, I realize there is a fear of short hair with women. Society has inculcated the belief that the length of one's hair relates to one's sexiness. The first time I cut off all my hair (up to my ears), I cried. Then after the initial week (or month...) of depression, I developed a better sense of self. I found my beauty as a person with a disconnected relation to my hair. So the second time I cut off all my hair, I forgot about it. I received surprised reactions from my girlfriends and I responded confused, then remember that my haircut must be shocking to most people. Your hair cut can add to your personal style and representation of who you are, but it can not take anything away from you. I look forward to cutting off all my hair every couple of years because it feels like I get to start over, become introspective about what makes me beautiful, then carry on with life. Anyways, I apologize for the rant about my walkabout into the wilderness of female insecurities with their image.
Here are photos from today's outfit:
Outfit details: Skirt H&M//Sweater Ann Taylor//Tights Target//Silk Scarf American Apparel
And my haircut! It is an asymmetrical bob. I literally copied Kina Grannis's current hair style. It is currently my second favorite hair cut of my whole hair-cutting experience (if anyone was keeping track...).
XXOO
No comments:
Post a Comment